Greek Roasted Leg of Lamb
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time1 hr 30 min
- Total Time1 hr 40 min
- 2.5 kilograms leg of lamb (bone-in)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced into thin batons/ slivers
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Weber Greek Seasoning
- Weber Toasted Pistachio and Mint Salsa Verde (optional)
Prepare the barbecue for indirect cooking over medium heat (190°C-230°C).
To calculate the cooking times for any roasts (without a cavity, i.e not poultry), measure the thickness and calculate 1 minute per millimetre. For example; if the lamb roast is 90mm thick, cook it for 90 minutes for medium doneness.
Red Meat Doneness Temperatures: (Always keep in mind that the internal temperature of the roast will continue to rise 3 to 6C while it’s resting.) Rare: 49°C Medium Rare: 54°C Medium: 60°C Medium Well: 66°C Well Done: 68°C